Thursday, December 2, 2021

Behind the Title with #shifter #romance Wolf Bond. Read a #teaser that gives the story its title. @sirenbookstrand @ElodieParkes

 



Liberty Venn longs for love after her alpha brother, Joshua, found it with Dani Cruz. It's a year after the Cruz entrepreneurs have regenerated the town and saved Liberty from closing her cafe.
When a stranger arrives in town, he instantly captures lonely Liberty’s attention. Drawn to him by a deep undeniable instinct, Liberty loses her heart when Eden Farrell flirts with her. Will he be the lover she’s begun to long for?
Eden Farrell, P.I., wolf shifter, gorgeous. He goes after what he wants, and now he wants Liberty. He recognizes the wolf in her long before she knows what he is. He ignites a passion in Liberty and she delights him with her response.
As a deep bond forms between them, danger follows Eden. He’s in love with Liberty, and believes nothing will keep him from her. Trouble is, danger is out to find them both. 

Read the teaser featuring the title:

Liberty nodded. “I’ll pass your order in.” She turned to go.

Eden gazed after her.

All through eating his meal, he rehearsed what he’d say to her. He lingered over coffee and then another cup waiting for closing time. At nine, Liberty’s helper, Craig, left along with the last customer.

Liberty came over to Eden with the coffeepot in her hand. “Would you like more coffee?”

He put his hand over his cup. “No, thank you. I’m good. Unless…unless you’d like to get a cup and join me? If you have time?” He bestowed a charming smile on her, hoping she’d join him.

“Sure, I will do that. I’ll just lock the door.” She flipped the open sign to closed and clicked the lock on the door. She was on her way to the counter with the coffeepot in one hand when Eden caught up with her.

He stood next to the counter and waited for her to pour coffee into one of the café’s signature blue cups. “Could we sit up here in the low light? I feel a little exposed at the window table now you’ve closed.” He desperately wanted a few moments of privacy with her. “People might think you’re still open.”

He brought her coffee cup to a nearby table that had already been cleared and pulled out a chair for her.

Liberty’s eyes lit up with pleasure and she sat. “Thank you.”

Eden brought a chair for himself closer. “Thank you for having coffee with me before I go off to my empty motel room.”

She glanced over at the table where he’d left his coffee cup. “Oh, let me get yours.”

Eden stopped her with a gentle hand on her arm. Touching her made him tremble. He looked into her eyes as she turned her face to his. She’s mine. She is mine. Finally—my love, my mate. “No, it’s okay.” He moved his hand from her arm reluctantly.

She faltered and then nodded. “So you haven’t bought a place yet?”

Through the haze of falling in love with her and recognizing his long hoped for mate, he understood her need to know about him. “I have, but it’s not furnished yet. It’s the apartment over the store, not far down the main street on the opposite side to this café. It used to be a shoe shop. I’m opening an office, though, not a store. I hope to move in tomorrow. Things are arriving.” He soaked up the pleasure of being close to her. He longed to touch her again. Doesn’t she know I’m a wolf, too? Doesn’t she feel this urgent need to hold each other close? I’d stopped believing in the wolf bond, but now I know it’s true. He reached for her hand. “Liberty, I’m so very glad I came here. I never expected to meet someone like you, but I can’t tell you what a pleasure it is to have met you.” Eden had no reservations about going after Liberty. If the stories he’d been told about the wolf bond were true, she’d know, even subconsciously, that he was meant for her.

She didn’t answer, but she left her hand in his and her eyes betrayed her desire.

Eden’s stomach tightened as she curled her fingers around his. For some reason the satin sheath of her fingers brought to mind another place he’d like to explore. His cock stirred, and he transferred his gaze to her mouth. He leaned toward her, needing to kiss her so much.

She leaned closer to him.

The space between them seemed to grow thick. Eden couldn’t pull away.

Liberty was a whisper away and then as he closed his eyes, her lips touched his.

He fell into the kiss, drifting in the intense pleasure until every muscle in his body felt melted, except for his cock, which was rock hard and straining at his jeans. He couldn’t open his eyes. They were heavy with lust. He didn’t want the kiss to end.

She still held his fingers, but he slipped his other hand around her head, into her hair, grasping a fistful of the silken wealth and kept her face to his so that he could prolong the kiss. As soon as one ended, he took another, lingering, murmuring low sounds of enjoyment. He’d kissed before, received kisses before, but never like this, never felt drugged and melted.

Liberty brought a hand up to his face and trailed her fingertips over his ear. She held his head and moved away to catch her breath.

Eden used the time to capture her. “Liberty, we’re both wolves. I want you. I’m yours if you want me. Say you feel the incredible pull to me that I do to you. Say you recognize the bond.”

Liberty made a little sound, like a sigh and a murmur of assent mixed together. She rested her forehead on his, and her whisper teased at his lips. “I do feel it. I do want you. I wasn’t sure you were a wolf until tonight. I don’t use my heightened senses as an everyday event, but as soon as I saw you I hoped for…for you.”

Copyright Elodie Parkes , Siren Publishing

 Currently The Venn Pack in Love series is on sale at Siren Bookstrand only

https://www.bookstrand.com/book/wolf-bond-mf  (2)

https://www.bookstrand.com/book/captive-wolf-mf (3)

https://www.bookstrand.com/book/surprising-the-alpha  (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be published shortly.