Thursday, December 16, 2021

Then he picked her up in his strong arms and cradled her to his body. “I’ll carry you.” Read #teasers and what the #author says about Candle Magic 5* #paranormalromance #Christmas #romance from @sirenbookstrand

 

 



Kick back with a teaser

Two strong male hands grasped her waist, lifted her, and set her on her feet. A deep, attractive voice asked, “Are you okay?—You’re not. You’re freezing and your shoe is broken. Let me help you. I’m here for you.” He held her shoulders, taking some of her weight as Simi limped to face her rescuer.

She looked up and into the eyes of a gorgeous man. Strands of his thick dark hair glistened in the light, thrown off by the strings of fairy lights threaded through the branches of the trees lining this part of the sidewalk. The sleet lent a sheen to these strands and lit him up as if he, too, was a Christmas decoration. Simi gazed at him. She drank in the perfect features of his face. Her eyes dipped to take in his obviously muscled body under his clothes. His overcoat hung open over a black suit. He wore a gleaming white shirt and a black bow tie. He’s perfect.

“I’m fine, thank you,” her voice scratched out.

He gave her a look just short of amused, but definitely disbelieving.

“I know otherwise. Please, it’s Christmas. Let me be here for you.”

The sincerity in his voice soothed her. Trepidation left her, replaced by hope. Bizarre, considering he could be a murderer. She hopped a step.

The gorgeous man stooped and pulled the heel from the paver crack. He grinned at her mischievously and put it in his pocket.

Simi let her shoulder bag dangle from her arm and tried to walk with one foot five-and-a-half inches higher than the other.

The delicious man held her arm gently. He took her bag and slung it over his shoulder.

“I’ll carry that. Put your arm around my waist and lean on me.” He slipped his arm around her shoulders.

She did as he asked. His hard body under her arm comforted her. Simi tried another step. It was still a limp, but suddenly amused, she laughed. She looked up into his handsome face.

“If I’m going to be hanging onto you, I should know your name.”

“Jason. My name’s Jason, and you’re…?”

Simi was lost in the sound of his voice and the flow of delicious tingles down her body as his arm tightened around her. She whispered, “Simi.”

He smiled, his eyes alight with emotion. “That’s a beautiful name. A lovely, soft name for a beautiful girl.”

A little alarm bell went off for Simi. Isn’t that a little too charming? Maybe he is a murderer trying to lull me into trusting him. “Look buddy, don’t bother trying flattery on me.”

His smile widened. Crinkles appeared at the corners of his eyes. He laughed and then shook his head. “Don’t be afraid. I’m not here to hurt you, quite the opposite, and you are beautiful.”

The wind whipped strands of her hair across her face and she limped along. “I don’t have far to go now. I can manage. You must have somewhere to be.”

Jason sighed deeply.

The sound traveled over Simi in a wave. It brought a wash of regret that she’d suggested this gorgeous man stop helping her and leave. She looked up into his eyes and saw sadness.

“I have nowhere to be. It’s Christmas. I’m free to be with you if you want me. I’m no threat. I’d love to help you…at least to your door, Simi.”

Her longing to have a man like him with her for comfort, help, and maybe more seeded acceptance and trust in her heart. She gripped his overcoat as she leaned into him again, trying to excuse her outburst about flattery. “I’m not used to knights in shining armor.” She limped off again and he walked with her, his arm around her, almost lifting her from her feet. His pace slowed to give her time to accommodate the lack of a heel on one shoe.

“I’ve not been that for a long time.” His murmured words brought a smile to her lips and she took a deep breath, deciding to talk with him as they made their way to her apartment. “Have you been to a party or something?”

“I’ve been—” He told her, but dipped his head as the sleet became heavier.

Simi didn’t hear the end of his sentence. It was whirled away by the weather’s onslaught. The wind made the icy rain slant into her overcoat collar. She cuddled against him.

Jason stopped walking. He gave her a gentle smile. “We’ll be frozen and saturated by the time we get to your place.” Then he picked her up in his strong arms and cradled her to his body. “I’ll carry you.”

As he enveloped her in his arms, her face rested on his chest. A vague fragrance of pine needles and trees drifted around her. His arm under her thighs warmed her. His arm crushing her to his muscled chest reminded her of the dream she’d had. He was every bit as gorgeous and sexy as the man in her dream. Simi’s heart filled up with hope. Whatever he was offering this night she would take. This was the most comforted and cared for she’d felt in a very long time. As Jason walked with her, she snuggled into his aura. He exuded masculinity, strength, protection, sex. It felt good. “Thank you. My place is at the end of this street.”

Copyright Elodie Parkes , Siren Publishing

From Elodie,

My hero, Jason Chandler, doesn’t know what he is. Maybe an angel, or a spirit, he only knows he’s given assignments to fulfill by the enigmatic higher powers of the universe. This assignment is different, and when he finds himself materialize beside Simi, my heroine, he’s instantly hopeful that his lonely existence is about to change.  With an HEA , this story is full of love and magic.


 Read Jason's explanation of what he is to himself (book teaser)

Jason followed as she went to the dining room.

She put the candlestick in the middle with a happy sigh.

He smiled at her. “How can I help?”

Simi opened the door on a low cabinet. She took out rolled, fine wooden-slat, place mats and unfurled each on the table. “Talk to me. Tell me about yourself. Where do you work? Where do you live? I want to know all about you, or at least something.” She laughed then.

The sound took away the fear that spiked up Jason’s spine when she asked the specific questions about him. I’ll tell her what I can without frightening her away. He opted for that.

“I have assignments from a—a group that are designed to help people...solve problems. I live around here.” The ether wasn’t so far above the terrestrial sphere, scientifically, and mystical enough to be almost everywhere, so that was okay to say. I can’t say I only work at Christmas, though. I can’t say I’m some sort of spirit doing penance for dabbling in magic, can I?

Simi placed cut crystal, long-stemmed glasses on each mat. She grinned at him. “Are you a social worker?”

Jason shook his head.

Simi considered for a few moments. “You’re a company troubleshooter. No wonder you’re a little cagey about that. Ours is a shark. He can put a positive light on the trickiest complaint.”

“Oh, no, that’s not how I operate. I really help, even if it’s just for a short time.” That much was true. He’d brought comfort, strokes of good luck, better outlooks, the coincidence of friends meeting lost friends or family, the avoidance of an accident not meant to happen, although never what he’d brought Simi, never sex and … and love.

Copyright Elodie Parkes, Siren Publishing 

Candle Magic is currently on sale @sirenbookstrand

ReadersFavorite 5 stars

Reviewed by Janelle Fila for Readers' Favorite

Candle Magic by Elodie Parkes is a contemporary romance set around Christmas Eve that weaves magic, romance, and sexiness into one juicy story...

...if you like steamy romances with hot men who appear out of thin air like magic and grant your sexiest wishes, this book is for you! Jason was an amazing character! Gorgeous, sexy, in the right place at the right time. But he was also mysterious and kept me guessing.


Candle Magic is currently on sale @sirenbookstrand

When Simi finds a pretty old candlestick among the discarded props in the PR company storeroom, she never imagines it can grant her dearest wish. There’s something mysterious about the carved candlestick that’s almost scary, but Simi is drawn to it. She intends to use the candlestick to hold her last antique candle and make her solitary Christmas lunch more festive.

Simi works late managing the staff Christmas Eve party and misses the subway train that will take her to her usual stop forcing her to walk the last part of the journey home on the deserted street.

A nearby clock strikes midnight. It's Christmas.

Simi slips, but Jason catches her. Who is Jason? Where has he suddenly appeared from in the night?

Simi looks into the eyes of this gorgeous man, and sparks fly…

https://www.bookstrand.com/book/candle-magic

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will be published shortly.